Pages

Friday 28 March 2014

Progression

Since the beggining of this project I feel that both as an individual and as part of a group I have improved greatly.

In terms of skills, I was already skilled in using Adobe Premier, however I knew there was more I could learn. Throughout the project I learnt about more in depth editing of footage and sound which could be done in Premier, however what I feel I learnt most about was about the base settings whilst editing and the formatting needed.

What I feel that I learnt about most was using cameras and the effects camera angles had. Before I only had basic ideas of photography and filming, however after learning about all the different ways a single shot can be filmed and how that can result in several different meanings. Another thing I feel I really made progress with, was the use of Adobe After Effects. I had never used this program before so I didn't have too great an idea of what I was doing. After having a brief introduction to it I managed to start picking it up quickly. I feel that during the research stages I improved in my analysis skills, which I used to feel that I lacked, I've been able to use this during filming to improve our shots and be able to get closer and closer to the perfect shot. I now realise that at the start, I was far too lax on the research initially, because that has made decision making more difficult, however with the rest of the group we managed to get through the stages and make the choices that were best for the film.

As a group I feel that honestly, we had a very poor start. We weren't very motivated at the start barely got the research done, however as soon as we realised the remaining time I feel the group really went forward in terms of work and effort. We were constantly filming as much as we could to get all the shots, and while the others handled the bulk of the editing in premier, I feel they needed the experience of its use much more than I did. We became progressively more efficient as went on and really made progress with filming. The after the others picked up editing they really improved, I wasn't needed to advise or help them with the editing at this point and could spend my time putting together the other parts of the project, such as the Titles themselves and the 'Cube Motion' introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment